Decoration Installation

12:54 AM Unknown 0 Comments






Materials: Wire Net- check out this | Command Hooks- here | Magnets- check out this |
More Accessories

Pushpins? Nah, they ruin your photo with a hole. Tape? That ruins the paper too. Twine? Too cumbersome. I don't know for how long, but I've been searching for the perfect way to display my pictures. Originally, I wanted large magnetic, whiteboard tiles. But, I realized that it's too expensive. Instead, I opted for this wire net I found at Daiso. The net allows me to display my pictures but also it works as a customizable storage rack. This idea is similar to the Container Store's Polytherm Grid System-here, but Daiso has all the materials for only $1.50 each. Obviously, if you are not near a Daiso store, the Container Store has all the materials you could dream of (plus I think the quality is way better). But hey, we're on a college student's budget here. Anyways here are the steps to installing this simple, but crazy useful display:

1. Place your Command hooks on the wall. I like to install both the hooks and the net at the same time to skip the whole measuring process.

2. Helpful tip: If you are planning to hang baskets on your rack, I suggest two medium/large sized hooks. If you are just going to display pictures, I suggest two small hooks on top, and a third hook on the bottom (to keep the rack from moving).

3. Attach accessories and decorations. S-hooks and attachable baskets work great!

4. Optional Make your own. I made some small S-hooks from paperclips. They are great for hanging small things. Just bend the middle section of the paperclip until you have a s-shape. 

5. Helpful tip: If something is too thick for the magnetic, you can paperclip it and hang it from an S-hook. See last photo.

I just bought a bunch of these wire racks for my college dorm, and I couldn't help to share this idea with you. I hope you enjoy!




0 comments: