Special Pesto.

11:29 PM Unknown 0 Comments





Featured: Pistachio Mint Pesto- Savour this Sauce
Ingredients: Pesto | Multi-Grain Bread | Mixed Greens | Turkey 

I found some kick-ass pesto sauce at the farmer's market last weekend. I can't say that I am a pesto connoisseur, but I've never tasted a sauce like this. It has pistachios for goodness sakes. What? I know. Crazy. On a whim, I decided to buy it. Life is short, why not enjoy some quality food while you're at it. Plus, I'm a sucker for cute packaging. 

And now, I have less than a week to finish this jar. It doesn't expire until the 24th, but I leave for Boston before then. So, I'm trying to think of the various contraptions that I can eat with my pesto. Obviously I am too lazy to actually cook something. Here is my first dish using my pesto: a sandwich. So creative, I know.

In my defense, it was a pretty good sandwich. I'm one of those people who've eaten 5 billion versions of the same turkey, mayo, and bread sandwich. So, this was a nice change. 

Final Verdict: I honestly like this pesto for it's surprising use of pistachios. It adds an interesting texture to an otherwise mushy sauce. However, it's a bit on the oily side. It's probably not the best thing to put on toast, or a sandwich, but it works. I'd suggest adding it to pasta. Maybe I'll try that later.




0 comments: