Let's Hike, Beach

10:47 PM Unknown 0 Comments





7/18/14Hacienda Heights Trails | Newport Beach

Sometimes life isn't a walk in the park. Life can be a beach. Haha don't mind my horrible puns. I tried really hard. Anyways, my friends and I decided to go hiking Friday. In retrospect, it would've been best if we vaguely looked at the map before we started. We kind of just picked a pathway and followed it. But that created ADVENTURE. sort of. At the end of the hike, the group split up because we couldn't decide which way was the fastest back to our cars. Lesson learned: go back the way you came. So my friends and I took another route back to civilization. Too bad it was an hour away from our cars. We eventually stopped a bus only to become more confused. The bus driver just gave us a transfer ticket to the correct bus in pity for our lost souls (haha band joke). But, free bus rides! In the end, we didn't make back to our cars before the boys. We just sat a McDonalds waiting to get picked up.

Later on, we went to Cha2o. Food. Then friend's house to watch a movie. It was really boring so we decided to go to the beach. Pro-tip: Bring flip flops wherever you're going; they are lifesavers. Or maybe I just hate wearing proper trainers. Anyways, I learned how to find sand crabs. They tickle when they crawl in your hand. In the midst of crab-catching, we saw dolphins (I think) close to shore. It was so cool. I'm not too sure that it was safe for them, but it was really cool just seeing them.

That was my Friday.
Sidenote: Get to know your poison plants one of the trails we hiked was filled with poison oak. Or just don't touch anything.



0 comments: